AIS is designated for centralized collection of evidence data of crimes, criminal cases and persons who have committed crimes, other information of operative documentation, of search and criminalities and ensuring collective access to data for executing requests of search, documentation and statistics. AIS is developed to accomplish the following goals:
- Ensuring effective information, sustainable and risk-free operational service activities of law enforcement based on modern technologies and software;
- Providing informational interaction with other state information resources;
- Unify existing record systems of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in a single centralized base for storing information of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Providing access to the centralized database directly from the workplaces of employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Integrating the information on evidence objects (Person, Transport, Arms…).